Fasting, Sacrifice and Prayer in the Holy Week
- Receive the Sacrament of Confession
- Offer up a time of fasting from next Monday and ending on Good Friday at 15:30 hrs. (3:30 PM)
- If you wish to partake of the cup of suffering with Jesus, pray the Crusade Prayer 103 (three times), preferably at any point of time of fasting.
- Pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy daily
- Pray the Novena of Divine Mercy (start it on Good Friday)
"You must never become tired of praying to save other souls. You are My Army and through the graces I give you, you will work with Me to clean the earth of Sin before My Second Coming.
Praying does not come easy to all of you. The best way is to unite yourself in My Sorrowful Passion and meditate on My suffering and, in particular, My Agony in the Garden. My Great Mercy is at its most potent then. It was precisely because of sinners, including those Pagans were never given a chance to know Me whom I agonised over the most." April 4, 2012
We suggest you to read these Messages related to Holy Week and Easter:
Regarding the request for fasting during Holy Week:
Jesus was not specific but it makes sense that people follow the laws of the Church for Good Friday. If people are unable to fast on food they can fast on something else that gives them pleasure like TV, internet, sweets, meat. Jesus does not want anyone to endanger their health. It seems a fast on bread and water would be pleasing to Him if people are able. Jesus has given us a chance to make a decision as to what we are able to do in this message. The fast is requested from midnight Sunday night to 3:30 PM on Good Friday. Jesus has not asked us to fast on the Eucharist.